Winter art for kids
I routinely help our local teachers come up with fun art projects for the students. I’ve mentioned before, our local school doesn’t offer art at the elementary level. It’s a small school and they just don’t have the funding.
My son’s teacher wanted help coming up with an idea for her class- I of course resorted to pinterest where I found a fun winter tree themed project.
I provided some white cardstock and all the paints for this fun project… the teacher had the students work on it over the course of several days.
I think they turned out super cute and would be really easy to do at home with your kids.
- black construction paper or cardstock
- white cardstock
- blue paint
- white paint
- brown paint
- several colors of green paint
- orange or red paint for leaves on the ground
- paint brushes/ sponges etc
- paint a rectangle piece of cardstock to be the ground. Allow to dry. Tear across so that you can layer one piece behind the trunk and one piece in front.
- Paint the trunk on cardstock and cut out.
- Paint the tree and some snow on the black paper.
- Layer all the pieces and add additional snow as needed.